JAM Exam Pattern:
- JAM Exam for all seven papers will be carried out as Computer Based Test (CBT) Online.
- The medium of all the test papers will be English only.
- The duration of the Exam will be 3 hours.
- Each paper will have 60 questions for a total of 100 marks.
The entire paper will be divided into three sections – A, B and C.Section-A Number of Questions – It contains 30 questions involving 10 questions of one mark each and 20 questions of two marks each. Each question will have four choices out of which only one choice will be a correct answer. Nature of Questions – Objective type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) Exam Mode – Online Computer Based Test (CBT) Exam Medium – The question papers at all exam centers will be in English only. Marking Scheme – For each wrong answer of 1 mark questions, 1/3 mark will be deducted and similarly for each wrong answer of 2 marks questions, 2/3 mark will be deducted. Section-B Number of Questions – 10 questions only, each question carrying two marks. Nature of Questions – Multiple Select Questions (MSQs). Each MSQ type question is similar to MCQ but difference is that there may be one or more than one choices that are correct out of the four given choices. Exam Mode – Online Computer Based Test (CBT) Exam Medium – The question papers at all exam centers will be in English only. Marking Scheme – There is no negative marking and no partial marking provisions. The candidate gets full credit only if he/she selects all the correct answers and no wrong answers. Section-C Number of Questions – 20 questions involving 10 questions of one mark each and 10 questions of two marks each. Nature of Questions – Numerical Answer Type (NAT). For NAT type questions, the answer is a signed real number, which needs to be entered using the virtual numeric keypad on the monitor. No choices will be shown for these types of questions. Exam Mode – Online Computer Based Test (CBT) Exam Medium – The question papers at all exam centers will be in English only. Marking Scheme – There is no negative marking. Note:
- There is a provision of using online virtual calculator and hence, the candidates should not bring any calculator with them.
- The candidates are required to select the answer for MCQ and MSQ type questions using the mouse.
- The answer for NAT questions can be entered using a virtual numeric keypad (the keyboard of the computer will be disabled).