CSIR-UGC (NET) 2011 : Revision Of Fellowships / Associateships
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research
Human Resource Development Group
CSIR Complex, New Delhi – 110012
No. 6/Fellowship (ENH) 2K10/EMR – I 26th November, 2010
SUB: REVISION OF FELLOWSHIPS / ASSOCIATESHIPS
The Government Body ( GB), CSIR in its 176th meeting held on June 2010 considered
the proposal for enhancement of various Fellowships. The enhanced rate of Fellowships,
Effective from 1st April 2010, are as follows.
CSIR-UGC holds a national eligibility test twice a year in the month of June and
December for JRF and Lectureship (LS). Approximately 12000 students appear from
Maths stream and among them approximately two hundred students awarded eligibility
certificate from CSIR/UGC, which make them eligible for teaching in various degree
institutions all over India.
Recent changes in CSIR-UGC:
Observing that “the courts should not venture into academic arena which is best
suited for academic arena which is best suited for academician and experts”, Delhi
High Court has upheld the mandatory requirement of clearing the NET or SLET for
appointment to the post of lecturer.
- The University Grants Commission had framed this rule called Regulations-2009 in
July last year.
- NET or SLET mandatory for appointment of lecturers
- Good academic record, 55% marks (or equivalent grade) in master’s and NET qualification
- One of the professor in each department of a postgraduate college
- The new regulations have also created an additional post – senor professor.
Accordingly , the new hierarchy in ascending order is assistant professor, associate
professor, professor and senor professor.
- One post of professor in each department of a postgraduate college, 10% posts in
an undergraduate college shall be those of professors.